The rocky road of Green Lantern’s film legacy has it’s share of potholes given the on again / off again discussions of a sequel. As the film was wrapping principal photography Warner Brothers had gone so far as to hire a scriptwriter for a sequel and rumors were that the studio had planned on filming a second and third installment back to back. As time passed and the film failed to succeed as everyone had hoped comments from the studio regarding a sequel faded quickly although comments from Jeff Robinov indicated that while the film’s performance missed the mark Warner Brothers still believed in the Green Lantern concept and realized the performance was a result of their execution.
|Mark Strong as Sinestro|
Since then there’s been interesting comments from Mark Strong, who looked forward to playing out Sinestro’s turn, and Ryan Reynolds who recently indicated that he has no interest in returning to the character for a potential Justice League film. While it seems likely that Warner Brothers would want Reynolds back for such a movie there’s also the notion that re-casting the role might do well to divorce any negativity linked to the 2011 film.
- Nathan Fillion Returns as Hal Jordan in Flashpoint Animated Movie (blogofoa.com)
- Relic Revealed as New Green Lantern Villian (blogofoa.com)
- Podcast of Oa Episode 46 – Raging Lanterns (blogofoa.com)
- 6 Actors Who Should Play The Next ‘Green Lantern’ (screenrant.com)
- SMGO.TV, Entertainment’s New Paradigm and You (blogofoa.com)