DC Comics has announced Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 to be released on May 20th to honor the 80th anniversary of the debut of Alan Scott. This is in addition to the 80 Years of the Emerald Knight hardcover coming out in June.
The issue will be written and illustrated by a murderer’s row of DC talent, . Plus, as with other recent anniversary issues, DC will release variant covers for every decade since the original Green Lantern Alan Scott’s creation in 1940, in addition to Liam Sharp’s main cover.
The one shot will feature stories by a veritable who’s who of creative teams, including Geoff Johns, Darryl Banks, Charlotte Fullerton McDuffie, Sina Grace, Mike Grell, Jeff Lemire, Ron Marz, Denny O’Neil, Fernando Pasarin, Ivan Reis, Robert Venditti, Rafa Sandoval, Mariko Tamaki, Peter J. Tomasi and James Tynion IV. In addition to the main cover by Liam Sharp, DC will have eight variant cover versions. The variant cover are focused on each decade since Alan Scott debuted with the announced artists for each cover:
- 1940’s variant cover by Nicola Scott
- 1950’s variant cover by Matt Taylor
- 1960’s variant cover by Doug Mahnke
- 1970’s variant cover by Neal Adams
- 1980’s variant cover by David Finch
- 1990’s variant cover by Philip Tan
- 2000’s variant cover by Ivan Reis and Oclair Albert
- 2010’s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
All of the cover versions have been released, excluding the one by Jim Lee and Scott Williams. The cover price for the special is $9.99.