The Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular was originally slated for a May release, but with everyone going on with the publication of comics it’s been rescheduled for June 23rd. The $9.99 collection will be written and illustrated by a murderer’s row of DC talent. As with other recent anniversary issues, DC will release variant covers for every decade since the original Green Lantern Alan Scott’s creation in 1940, in addition to Liam Sharp’s main cover. We previously showed off the artwork being featured for the variant covers, but DC Comics has released the final versions complete with period-specific dressing and including the previously unseen Jim Lee variant.
The one-shot will feature stories by a veritable who’s who of creative teams, including Geoff Johns, Darryl Banks, Charlotte Fullerton McDuffie, Sina Grace, Mike Grell, Jeff Lemire, Ron Marz, Denny O’Neil, Fernando Pasarin, Ivan Reis, Robert Venditti, Rafa Sandoval, Mariko Tamaki, Peter J. Tomasi, and James Tynion IV. The variant covers are focused on each decade since Alan Scott debuted:
- 1940’s variant cover by Nicola Scott
- 1950’s variant cover by Matt Taylor
- 1960’s variant cover by Doug Mahnke
- 1970’s variant cover by Neal Adams
- 1980’s variant cover by David Finch
- 1990’s variant cover by Philip Tan
- 2000’s variant cover by Ivan Reis and Oclair Albert
- 2010’s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
In addition to these covers, there are two Neal Adams retailer exclusive covers which can be found over on the 13th Dimension website.