Green Lantern continues to do well on the United States home video market, maintaining the number two spot on the overall Blu-ray sales charts for the week ending on October 23rd behind the first week release of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Fifty-six percent of the home video sales of Green Lantern that week came from the Blu-ray format.
U.S. Domestic sales number for the week of October 16th show that Green Lantern sold 315,672 copies on the DVD format and 494,057 copies on Blu-ray, with a total sales volume of $16,728,728.00 for the three days the film was available for purchase. Digital sales numbers have not been revealed yet, but the film has done well so far domestically, although a strong release calendar of home video releases over the next several weeks will likely see the sales number decline. There is no word yet on a potential sequel getting the green light and it could be that Warner Brothers is waiting to see how the video market affects the film’s overall financial performance before making a decision.
- Green Lantern Tops US DVD Sales Charts (blogofoa.com)
- Best Buy to Offer Steelbook Edition of Green Lantern (blogofoa.com)
- New Green Lantern Behind the Scenes Video (blogofoa.com)
- New Clip Spotlights Hector Hammond (blogofoa.com)
- Podcast of Oa Episode 8 (blogofoa.com)
- Robot Chicken Spoofs Green Lantern (blogofoa.com)
- Green Lantern Extended Edition Preview (blogofoa.com)